Government of India has launched Janani Shishu Suraksha Karyakaram (JSSK) on 1st June, 2011.
The scheme is estimated to benefit more than 12 million pregnant women who access Government health facilities for their delivery. Moreover it will motivate those who still choose to deliver at their homes to opt for institutional deliveries. . It is an initiative with a hope that states would come forward and ensure that benefits under JSSK would reach every needy pregnant woman coming to government institutional facility. All the States and UTs have initiated implementation of the scheme.
The following are the Free Entitlements for pregnant women:
- Free and cashless delivery
- Free C-Section
- Free drugs and consumables
- Free diagnostics
- Free diet during stay in the health institutions
- Free provision of blood
- Exemption from user charges
- Free transport from home to health institutions
- Free transport between facilities in case of referral
- Free drop back from Institutions to home after 48hrs stay